You don’t even have to tell me. I already know. I’m taking way too much stuff with me to the hospital. Guess what? I don’t care. This is the first time we are doing this whole baby thing and being over prepared is what I’m good at. So here is what I’m taking…
My Bag – My bag is the Vera Bradley Large Duffel in Canterberry Magenta. You can find it here.
- Contact Solution
- Extra Contact Case
- Toothbrush (1 for each of us)
- Shampoo & Conditioner
- Makeup Remover Wipes
- Eye Makeup Remover rounds (that waterproof mascara can be tough)
- Body Was
- Body Spray
- Hair ties
- Deoderant for Joe
- Last minute items to grab: makeup bag, glasses, blow dryer, and brush
- 2 pair of sweatpants – 1 black and 1 navy blue
- 1 pair of maternity legging to wear home
- 2 nursing camis
- 1 nursing tank top to wear home
- 2 pairs of socks
- 3 nursing bras – 1 sleep bra, 1 sports bra, and 1 regular bra…..I didn’t know what kind would be easiest
- Flip Flop slippers (not sure what happened to the picture of these but you can imagine, a pair of house shoes that are flip flops)
- For Joe I have packed a pair of sweatpants, 2 pairs of socks, underwear, and some t-shirts. We will need to grab him a pair of jeans at the last minute. OR he can come home and change. We only live 10 minutes from the hospital.
I’ve packed some snacks as well. My birth class teacher suggested hard candies for labor. So I got a bag of Dum-Dums. She said something with a stick is easier. Joe likes granola bars and I like animal crackers. This way, if she is born in the middle of the night and there is no food available we will have some snacks.
The Baby Bag – My baby bag is the Petunia Pickle Bottom Sashay Satchel in Central Park North Stop. You can find it here.
The Baby Goodies
- 2 burp cloths
- Nursing cover (Probably won’t use this one – I’ll just kick people out if she needs to feed but again, just in case)
- 2 swaddle wraps
- 1 Aden & Anais blanket
- 2 Newborn outfits (I can’t decide which one she needs to come home in) and 1 0-3 Month outfit in case she is big
- 2 hats
- 2 bows – Whichever outfit she comes home in will decide the bow
- Baby Book for footprints
- Folder for paperwork – This currently contains all of my work FMLA/Short Term Disability paperwork, Insurance Paperwork, and the Registration paperwork.
Last Minute Items
- Insurance Card – It is always in my wallet
- Birth Ball – I don’t think our hospital has them in the rooms so ours will be thrown in the car just in case
- Phone Chargers
- My camera
- Joe’s GoPro
And that is what will be making the long (a whole 10 minutes) trek to the hospital with us. The carseat is already in the car and other than us settling on a name, we are ready to bring her home!